Tuesday, April 18, 2006

today, my head exploded.

Truly. It was a mess. Right in the middle of the torts exam. My poor neighbour's exam booklet was covered with tiny flecks of gray matter while the remainder of my body ran from the room twitching from the stress of spotting the damned bunnies.

I wonder if I can sue my torts professor for intentional infliction of mental suffering?

These exams are like a frickin' marathon. After torts, I broke down in tears...from the stress, the 9 hour daily study sessions, the feeling of not-knowing-what-the-heck-I'm-doing, or perhaps just from the wild-eyed confusion at having to prepare a written opinion on a legal issue which the goddamned Supreme Court of Canada can't even figure out themselves. Stupid social host liability...

Who knew tort law could have such an effect on me?

3 exams down, 2 to go. The irony is that I felt pretty good about my first 2 exams - Legal I and Property. I might not have aced them, but at least I wrote with confidence, even if it ends up being misguided confidence. I miss the days (like last week) when exams were fun, and I could while away the 3+ hours displaying my brilliant (and slightly arrogant) knowledge of the law.

Thank the goddess my next exam is crim, my one saving grace. Nuisance and negligence - my 2 worst nightmares. But murder and manslaughter - now that I understand...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home