Monday, April 10, 2006

Diversion!

Okay, I can't begin the exam period on a grumpy note. That's just bad karma.

Good news today - my LSLAP client's diversion request was approved! I'm really happy for him. He's the perfect candidate for diversion - young, employed full-time with a decent income, first time offender and so incredibly remorseful (and likely scared) after arrest (it was a simple possession charge) that he carted himself straight off to drug counselling. I love clients who get their lives back on track without my nagging.

I hope he does well. Hopefully, Community Corrections will recommend him to the DOJ for diversion. It was a nice case - cool client, simple charge, entertaining police report (the transcript with his dealer was like something out of Law and Order). I'm sure Alan will say that I should've taken it to trial and argued a Charter violation. But heck, I'll take a diversion anyday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home