Friday, July 29, 2005

arriving in LA

A quick and dirty post, because I'm too tired to pontificate:

1) I managed to make my 11am flight with 2 minutes to spare, due to my leaving my passport at home and a horrendously long line-up through Customs. My bags, however, decided that they weren't quite ready to leave Vancouver until the 5pm flight. It is 11:57pm and I am still waiting for them to arrive at my apartment.

2) There are very few trees in LA.

3) There is a Fatburger 2 blocks away from my apartment

4) Upon arrival at LAX, I was asked by a Filipino baggage handler if I was Japanese.

5) There is always traffic on the 405, even (especially?) at 8:30pm on a Friday night.

6) The Peking Duck Pizza at California Pizza Kitchen is not quite as tasty as the ones I remember ingesting in my youth.

Will post more tomorrow, after I drive Jessica to her film shoot at USC and I get a decent amount of sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home