Friday, August 19, 2005

home sweet home

Have arrived safely in Vancouver. Enjoyed a tasty Cambodian-Vietnamese meal with some CCHS friends at Phnom Penh in Chinatown. Vancouver foodies would approve.


Opened my apartment door tonight to a ringing phone:

"Hello? No, this isn't Swiss Chalet. Yes, you've dialed _______. Well, I'm sorry you've been waiting for 10 minutes, but this still isn't Swiss Chalet."

Who knew that my condo had started serving rotisserie chicken in my absence?


In other news, I stumbled across Mappr today while uploading more photos to Flickr. Mappr maps out photos from Flickr based on geographic location tags - so you can search for "Chinatown" and see a visual display of Chinatown-related photos pop up across North America. And then I found Geobloggers....god, my cartographically-addicted mind is boggled at the possibilities...


And finally, I discovered tonight that random strangers have been viewing, commenting on and "favoriting" my Flickr photos! I'm not sure what to make of this yet...

1 Comments:

Blogger drunken monkey said...

Mappr only shows a few Canadian locations currently. They're working on expanding their geographic data to include Canada and the rest of the world...

Geobloggers is also cool, although you have to know the latitude and longitude of your photo to map it.

What I want is someone to develop a program that will let you map your photos across a custom map...

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home